Pilot and airlines
Customs services and Immigration
The Saguenay-Bagotville Airport is listed as an airport of entry for Canada and is designated "AOE/30".
The services offered by the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) are available by request for all international flights where the flight capacity does not exceed 30 occupants, including crew members. Arrangements to use these services must be made 48 hours before the date of arrival.
- For non-commercial flights with 15 or less occupants on board (passengers and crew) arriving from the United States, please communicate with the CBSA Telephone Reporting Center (TRC) by calling 1-888-226-7277 (toll free) at least two hours, but no more than 48 hours, before ETA.
- For non-commercial international flights with 15 or less occupants on board (passengers and crew), please communicate with the Canadian TRC by calling 905-679-2073 (long-distance charges will apply) at least two hours, but no more than 48 hours, before ETA.
- For trans-border and international flights with 16 to 30 occupants on board (passengers and crew) and all commercial flights, a request for Customs services must be submitted to the local CBSA office (ph: 418-698-5732, fax: 418-698-5509 or via email at least 48 hours prior to ETA and must provide the following information:
- Complete name for each occupant (passengers and crew members) on board
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- ETA (planned date and time of arrival)
- Aircraft registry number
- Special merchandise and baggage (such as fire arms or high value gift items. This list is not exhaustive)
The regular business hours for CBSA are from Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 4:30 pm (excluding statutory holidays). For service requests outside these hours, please contact the local CBSA office during regular business hours (ph: 418-698-5732, fax: 418-698-5509 or email at least 48 hours before ETA. If request for services outside normal CBSA business hours is approved, cost recovery charges may apply. To request a service from TSAS: 418-677-2227 or email: email@example.com.
Landing at Saguenay-Bagotville Airport? We have many services to meet your requirements.
All aircraft wishing to land at the Saguenay-Bagotville Airport must secure ground handling services prior to arrival (handling mandatory).
The TSAS company is the authorized service provider of a variety of services for aircraft, passengers and aircrews. AVjet is the authorized fuel provider.
- Ticketing / Passenger check-in
- Arrivals / departures
- Baggage handling
- Special services
- Pilot lounge
- Aircraft marshalling and aircraft parking assistance
- Upload and deload of baggages and cargo
- Aircraft cleaning
- De-icing services
- Air Start units (GPU or other)
- Refuelling (JetA & 100LL fuel)
- Cargo shipment services
The Saguenay-Bagotville Airport (YBG) is managed by Promotion Saguenay that operates the civilian section. Co-located with CFB Bagotville aerodrome of the Royal Canadian Air Force, this proximity has undeniable advantages including two runways that are 6,000 and 10,000 feet long and that can accommodate all aircraft types, including most types of wide-bodied aircraft.
The airport is operated year-round, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and throughout all weather conditions. The Saguenay-Bagotville Airport is one of the better equipped airport in Québec.
General aviation aircraft are welcome. Pilots must comply with the procedures outlined in aircraft publications. All aircraft wishing to land at the Saguenay-Bagotville Airport are required to secure ground handling services prior to arrival. The TSAS company is the authorized service provider of a variety of services for aircraft, passengers and aircrews. AvJet is the authorized fuel provider.
You must request landing clearance (PPR) in CYBG at least 48 hours in advance by phone (418-677-7342) or by e-mail
Airport of Entry
The Saguenay-Bagotville Airport has been designated an airport of entry into the country (AOE/30). This is what allows the airport to welcome directly any international flight where the capacity does not exceed 30 occupants on board, including the crew. As such, any aircraft arriving from international locations that meet the CBSA requirements for customs could receive their services.
Arrangements must be made 48 hours prior to ETA with CBSA by calling 1-888-226-7277.
More and more people are using unmanned air vehicles (UAVs), sometimes called UAS or drones. Before you fly your UAV, make sure you understand the rules for operating such a device and follow them. Remember that you can not fly your drone closer than 9km from any airport. Also, make sure that you get the authorization and permission required. More info
When planning a flight within the CYBG controlled airspace, the UAV operator must send via email and at least 48 hours in advance a request to get authorization from the Operations Centre of CFB Bagotville with the following information:
- (Date), (local time of the flight);
- (Altitude AGL max);
- Provide a copy of the operator’s permit/certificate.
Code IATA : YBG | Code OACI : CYBG
Elevation : 522 feet (159 meters)
Global positioning : 48° 19′ 50″ Nord / 70° 59′ 47″ Ouest (NAD 83)
Time zone : Estern Standard Time / UTC -5 (-4 Daylight saving time)
The aerodrome and its NAV Aids are operated by the Department of National Defense (DND).
The civilian portion of the airport area around the Saguenay-Bagotville terminal is under the responsibility of Promotion Saguenay.
Commercial and charter flights accepted / PPR mandatory 48 hours in advance: 418-677-7342 or email :
10 000 feet (3 048 meters)
Asphalt / concrete
6 000 feet (1 829 meters)
Help with navigation :
ILS/DME runway 29
ILS Radar runway 29
ILS/DME runway 11
NDB runway 11
RNAV/GNSS runways 11-29 et 18-36
SLIA : Five
Customs : AOE/30
Hours of operation (control tower) :
24h/24 7 days
Hours of operation of the civilian terminal :
Security agents present 24/7
Monday to Friday : 03h30 à 00h00
Saturday : 03h30 à 19h30
Sunday : 07h00 à 00h00
Weather : view NAV CANADA weather data.