Flights and Destinations
Flying from Saguenay, easy as 1, 2, 3!
Whether for business or pleasure, you will find here plenty of options in terms of flights and destinations. You will gain in both time and efficiency!
As a regional airport, Saguenay-Bagotville offers different ways to get to your destination.
- Sunwing Airline’s seasonal “sunshine destinations”
- Daily flight connections to Montreal-Trudeau with Air Canada
- Other destinations in Quebec with different charter carriers.
The world at your fingertips!
You are flying to Paris? Planning a backpacking trip in Asia? Departures from Saguenay
Thanks to Air Canada, it only takes 55 minutes to reach Montreal-Trudeau Airport (YUL) at great rates if you make a stop over in Mtl on your way to your dream destination while saving time and money.
Simplify your departures and arrivals, gain in comfort and efficiency!
Try it out now: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home.html and type in "YBG" in the "FROM" window. The rest is up to you!!
Sunshine destinations offered by Sunwing Airlines from Saguenay-Bagotville Airport:
Cayo Santa Maria
For more information. https://www.sunwing.ca and type in "Bagotville" in the "Departing from" window. Have a great trip!
Arriving in Saguenay
Coming to Saguenay?
Whatever the reason for your trip, think Saguenay-Bagotville Airport! Flying to Saguenay is possible from anywhere in the world (via Montreal-CYUL).
Arriving in Saguenay, easy as 1, 2, 3!
When booking your trip, specify the destination as Saguenay-Bagotville Airport (airport code: YBG or Bagotville, depending on the carrier). You will be able to see all possible combinations of flights and availability.
Make your life easier, fly all the way to Saguenay!
Our team is committed to making your visit to our airport as accessible as possible, regardless of your condition. We are certified Kéroul, certification recognized by the Ministère du Tourisme du Québec.
- Accessible parking area
- Parking spaces reserved for holders of a parking permit for people with disabilities
- Easy access to all terminal services as all services are combined on one floor
- Dedicated Restrooms for people with disabilities
- Accompanying service by the air carrier (upon prior arrangements)
It is important to plan your mode of transportation in order to receive adequate services.
- Paratransit services with Société de transport du Saguenay (STS)
Visitors who are members of a paratransit organization in their municipality can take advantage of this service in Saguenay (under certain conditions).
STS Saguenay (in French only)
- Taxi 2151
This Company can provide adapted vehicles.
Taxi 2151 (For reservation, in French only)
Canadian air carriers are required to provide various services and information to travellers with disabilities under the Air Carrier Regulations.
Please contact your carrier for any boarding assistance request.
In addition, some airlines, namely Air Canada Express/Jazz, offer programs for special needs customers who must travel with an escort. Click here for details.
The airport is open 7 days a week and check-in counters are open at 3 am, Monday to Friday.
Welcome and assistance to passengers
Our security personnel team is always on site and can respond to passengers’ request for special needs. Do not hesitate to contact one of them: their counter is located directly at the entrance of the terminal.
In need of information? Visit the tourisme.saguenay.ca website or see the various brochures available at the airport.
Catering - Café Bistro
The airport’s welcoming Café Bistro is open every day at 4 am. There, you will find a menu of the day and à la carte, biscuits, muffins, and coffee. The bistro has a liquor licence.
You will also find magazines and newspapers.
Catering service for aircraft
For air carriers that wish it, it is possible to contact Café Bistro for catering services.
For airline companies only
On-board catering is available. Contact the Café Bistrot for any request. For more information: Groupe Lucerne (in French only) | 418-677-3924
In the airport
Vending machines can be found in the waiting area and in the departure lounge (beverages only).
Free wireless access is available throughout the terminal.
Taxis and car rental
Plan your trip with these companies: click here.
Located inside the restaurant, our arts showcase allows you to purchase unique works by local professional artists.
Advertising billboards are available to merchants inside the terminal. Contact us for information.
ACCESS TO THE AIRPORT
The Saguenay-Bagotville Airport is located at the heart of Saguenay.
It is located 14 km. from the District of La Baie and 13 km. from the District of Chicoutimi.
It is easily accessible by highway 70 or 170 (for travellers coming from Chicoutimi and beyond from the west, take exit 50 to get on highway 170 east).
Its centralized location facilitates access to major centres and is one of the gateways to Quebec’s Far North.
You are looking your flight schedule or would like information on a flight?
Consult your airline company or your travel agency.
Authorized local agent (Trans Sol Aviation Services)
Air Canada Express operated by Jazz
Member of Star Alliance (http://www.staralliance.com/fr/about/airlines/air-canada_airlines)
1 888 247-2262
Local authorized representative for the following airlines companies: TSAS 418-677-2227
Pascan Aviation inc.
1 888 885-8777
1-877-673-3522 poste 222
Sunwing Airlines (Sunwing Vacations / Signature Vacations)
1 877 786-9464
Parking facilities, taxis and car rental
On Your Way
You will find here all the information concerning parking, taxi companies and car rentals.
Our parking facilities can accommodate over 500 cars at competitive rates. For greater security, the parking lot is illuminated and equipped with a camera surveillance system, in addition to being regularly patrolled by our security personnel, who are present 24/7.
- Daily rates/24 hours:
- 0 to 60 minutes $3.00
- Each additional 20 minutes $0.25
- Maximum daily rate (24 hours) $5.00
- 7 days $35.00
- 1 month $100.00
Accepted Payment Methods
- Credit Cards (Visa, Master Card, American Express)
→Please note that there is an ATM within the terminal.
- Pick up your ticket at the gate.
- Keep it with you.
- When ready to leave, insert the ticket at the payment station located inside the airport terminal. The amount to be paid will be indicated.
- Once the payment process has been accepted, you can request a separate receipt.
- When leaving the parking lot, insert the original ticket (the one with the bar code) into one of the terminals. If you forgot to pay inside, it is possible to make a payment either at the automated exit (in cash or by credit card) or at the express exit (by credit card only).
Do you need a safe ride or rent a vehicle? Here you will find taxis and rental companies.
Services: rental of cars, trucks and utility vehicles. Short and long-term rentals.
Services: daily, weekly and monthly rental of cars and trucks.
Make your reservation online now
Services: 24 hours a day, adapted transportation upon request.
Security and customs
To travel safely
Here is the information regarding security at the Saguenay-Bagotville Airport and the rules to follow.
Our security personnel team is always on site to assist you or answer your questions. Do not hesitate to contact one of them: their counter is located directly at the entrance of the terminal.
Security check at the airport
For international flights or stopover at a major airport, you will have to go through the security check. The organization responsible for conducting this control, the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) * recommends the following :
- Make sure you have your boarding pass and photo ID at hand (passport and/or driver's licence preferably).
- Put tags with your correct information on your checked luggage and carry-on luggage.
- Give yourself enough time - go to the security checkpoint as soon as the announcement is made.
- Leave empty trolleys outside the control point.
- Empty your water bottle before going through the security check point. Water is available in the departure lounge.
- NEVER make jokes about bombs, firearms or other weapons while you are at a security checkpoint. Depending on the circumstances, you may be charged with an offense under the Canadian Aviation Security Regulations.
- Be aware that canabis is prohibited and illegal outside Canada's frontiers
*Information from CATSA website.
Our airport is designated AOE/30
If you are operating an air transport service or are an aircraft owner with 30 or fewer occupants on board, you can obtain customs services directly in YBG under certain conditions. For more information, click here.
For information on the Canada Border Services Agency: www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca