Questions and answers regarding COVID-19 at the Saguenay-Bagotville Airport
Can I again travel within Canada or elsewhere?
Before planning any trip, make sure to check Transport Canada website to find out all the rules and regulations regarding travels by air. Make sure to check possible rules and regulations at the chosen destination. It is possible that some destinations have imposed quarantine or other measures that might affect your stay over there.
What are the new measures to board a flight?
Air carriers (and not Saguenay-Bagotville airport) are obligated the do a summary COVID-19 health check before allowing you to board a flight. Based on the health check, they are required to refuse boarding to any person presenting symptoms associated with COVID-19. The questionnaire will focus on whether or not you are showing some symptoms (such as a fever, coughing or other associated symptoms). You are obligated to provide truthful answers otherwise sanctions and/or fines are possible in the case of false declaration. The air carrier representative will also do a visual evaluation. If you are denied boarding, you will have to wait 14 days before being allowed again to take a flight. Do not come to the airport if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Please consult the information provided by the Quebec government.
A mask or appropriate face covering as well as additional health measure are now mandatory for all air travellers. A mask or appropriate face covering should be worn BEFORE entering the terminal. The mask is also mandatory to board a flight and must be kept on during the flight up to the moment of leaving the destination airport. Each aircraft is thoroughly cleaned between flights. Consult your air carrier to obtain additional information.
Which measures have been introduced at the Saguenay-Bagotville airport?
- Additional sanitary measures have been introduced early March. Disinfection of all public and restricted areas is done after each flight.
- Travellers must use disinfectant provided at the entrance of the terminal.
- Travellers must wear a mask or acceptable face covering BEFORE entering the terminal and throughout their stay up to exiting the destination airport.
- All “Meeters and Greeters” must remain outside the terminal to limit the number of people inside. Only travellers and employees are allowed in.
- Social distancing measures are in effect inside the terminal. However, space is limited and it might be difficult to guarantee the 2m separation at all times. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure maximum separation with other travellers unless they are part of your group.
- Be advised that the restaurant is not operating at this time but there are some vending machine available.
- If required, it is recommended to reserve a taxi prior to your arrival at Saguenay. You can book one at: https://www.taxi2151.com/
What should I do upon arrival at Saguenay :
- A: If you feel ill upon arrival, you must inform the security personnel inside the terminal. They will assist and isolate you until you can exit the terminal safely.
- If you noticed COVID-19 symptoms on another passenger, please inform the security personnel inside the terminal.
- As of March 2020, the Canadian Government has declared a 14 days mandatory quarantine for all travellers arriving from another country. You can find the most up to date information on the Government website.
Finally, please consult the latest Quebec government Public Health guidelines.